Prerequisite : Set the primary boot device as CD/DVD drive in the BIOS.
1. Now let the installation disc to prompt for action. Press “R” in your keyboard.
2. This should take you to the WIndows Recovery mode. If you are asked for the password provide the Administrator password.
3. Now you should see C:\WINDOWS> in the command prompt. If you are eager to know what is the fix just type ‘help’ (without quotes) and try to trace what will be the next step.
4. Just give “fixboot” at the prompt. C:\WINDOWS>fixboot. Press enter.Give yes if you are asked confirmation.
5. Next C:\WINDOWS>fixmbr. Press enter.Give yes if you are asked confirmation.
These two commands will fix the Master Boot Record of the partition in case of any errors.