Restoring Exchange 2007 - step by step
- Launch the Exchange Management Console by navigating to Start > All programs > Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 > Exchange Management Console.
- Expand Server Configuration from the left pane and select Mailbox.
- Right-click each database listed in the middle pane individually and select Dismount Database.
- Once the databases have been dismounted, right-click each database individually and select Properties and then check This database can be overwritten by a restore.
- Launch BackupAssist and click Restore
in the navigation bar.
- Click Imaging engine restore. Windows Server Backup will then launch.
Recover under the Actions
- Once the Recovery Wizard has launched, select "This server", and then click Next.
the date from the calendar and the time from the drop-down
list of the backup you want to restore from. If you are
this computer and the backup you select is stored on a removable
media drive, you will be prompted to insert the relevant media.
Then click Next.
- When asked what you would like to recover, choose the option for Applications, and click Next.
- Under Applications, highlight "Exchange", and
then click Next.
- Under Recovery destination, select Original location, and then click Next.
- Review the details, and click Recover to restore your Exchange Server.
- You can then view the status of the recovery operation and whether or not it was successfully completed.
- Once recovery operation completes successfully, return to the Exchange Management Console (step 1) and mount each of the restored databases by right-clicking each one individually and selecting Mount Database.